Tuesday, November 6, 2007

how dry i am


At the gym a little earlier, I experienced something that's never happened to me before. I'd spent 30 minutes on the arc trainer & decided to get a little treadmill action in as well. Around the 15th minute, I had a dryness epiphany. While I was still working my ass off, going 3.8 mph at a medium incline, I'd almost completely quit sweating.

Now, any of you who've seen me in the gym, walking outside on an NYC summer day or sleeping, for that matter, you know that sweating profusely is one of my great talents. So, what happened? Did I racewalk through some kind of tear in the perspiration-space continuum? Did I find my sweat nirvana?

All I know is, I was so incredulous about the lack of liquid pouring off my face, I started laughing out loud, which prompted every eye in the joint to turn on me. But what'd I care? I was barely glistening, for chrissake.


Sidebar: Last week at Punk Rope, I discovered that I put on my bra like a 6 year-old -- hooking it in front, then swinging the cups around & pulling up the shoulder straps. My other 2 test subjects both go shoulder straps first, then clasp in the back. What gives? Am I the only one who still uses the training bra method?

10 comments:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

You're such a sweaty little monkey- I must learn this non-sweat secret of yours!

And as one of your test subjects, I must correct you: I put on the band first, attaching it while it's in the back, THEN I put on the straps.

fifi said...

I wish I knew what the secret was. Needless to say, I'm gonna have to test it again to see if it was a fluke.

I just don't get why you people put your bras on so uncomfortably. I don't get any shoulder or back pain when I holster the girls my way. I can picture myself literally falling over trying to put a boulder-holder on your way (then again, I'm terribly clumsy).

HollyMay said...

I do it the regular way. But it does hurt the shoulders a little. And now that I'm getting older, it hurts my hands in this strange arthritic way that makes me feel old and barren and oh, why doesn't the world need old women? Pillar of salt! Pillar of salt! Love me Lot. My tits rise up when I wear this black sexy bra, Lot. Why are you looking at our daughters that way?

fifi said...

So I don't do it the regular way?
Damn it! Another thing my mother taught me to do the wrong way by not teaching me at all. Pillar of salt!

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Who said anything about hurting shoulders? My shoulders never hurt- ever- in my 36 years on this earth. Perhaps it's just because your cup runneth over more so than mine?

fifi said...

I think you might be onto something with the size issue.

On another note, if you've been wearing a bra for all of your 36 years, I wanna know about it.

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Wait till you see my baby pics! ;)

fifi said...

I never knew Victoria's Secret had a kids' dept.

cherie said...

The more water you drink the more you sweat. Drink more water and watch the sweat drip onto the floor causing someone to slip on it and eventually file a suit against the gym, all of which you will be unaware of because you will be sweating happily.

fifi said...

That's something I forgot to mention in my post, but I was super-hydrated. In fact, I drank almost a full gallon of water between my 2 cardio machines. It was crazy, I tell ya.

Last night at Punk Rope, I didn't sweat as much as I normally do, but I think that's 'cause it was finally a nice cool temperature inside the gym.