Monday, September 3, 2007

god bless the labor day weekend

Or Satan bless -- I'm not picky. Either way, this was a super-fun, busy weekend. It was full of great food, lots of friends & had the added bonus of 3 whole Bitch Cakes experiences. And if you know her, you know what fun that is.

we chose to go to jersey

Yeah, you read that right. The man & I went to a BBQ at my friend Ted's in the heights of Jersey City. He & his hubby Ricky hosted a fantabulous soiree (which seems to be an annual shindig) abundant with meats & show tunes. They're both in the thick of the NY theater scene, so it would've been odd if the backyard would've been filled with preachers & accountants. And of course, my world famous cupcakes were a hit. By the way, I'm thinking about branding them as "D-cups," or maybe "Fifi's D-cups." What do you guys think about that?

That night, I dispatched for RightRides, but I'll tell you more about that later. That's a whole long post, in & of itself.

breakin' all the rules -- okay, just 1



On Sunday, Bitch Cakes, the man & I all went down to one of our friendly neighborhood playgrounds to swing. Not in the sexy way. Old school, down-home, real-life swinging. On swings.

Turns out, adults aren't supposed to enter the playground without the accompaniment of a child, but we weren't there to swig warm beer & piss ourselves on benches, nor were we there to pick up "dates," so I think we were right to be there.




It just felt so good to bask in the same kinda endorphins we did as diablitas/o. I think this is some therapy I'm gonna need more & more often.




and then there was ice cream

If you've never been to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, then you're not really a New York ice cream lover. That's just all there is to it. There may only be 8 flavors, but they're the most luscious, indulgent 8 flavors of ice cream that humans may ever have the pleasure of tasting. The Big D had a butter pecan/coffee cup with fresh strawberries on top. Look at that first lick of heaven (also the title of her autobiography).
Bitch Cakes had some coffee & chocolate, I believe. Whatever it was, doesn't she look happy?
The man got strawberry, coffee & vanilla chocolate chunk & I got coffee, strawberry & chocolate. What a delicious reason to live in Brooklyn.


Of course, we also had to pose in front of the gorgeous Manhattan scenery, boobs & all, just to piss off the line of Asian wedding parties who were waiting to get their pictures taken where we were standing. Thought there was gonna be a rumble. These bitches on wheels definitely would've come out on top.

3 comments:

cherie said...

Okay, its officially time to lose weight. And maybe get a face transplant.

fifi said...

One of my next posts can maybe help you with the first part. As for the 2nd part, have you seen the results of that woman who had one? I think you might wanna wait until the technology gets better.

*Bitch Cakes* said...

OMG Ponies! How fun!!! What a super fantastic weekend and I love "Fifi's D-cups"! Brilliant :)