Monday, September 17, 2007

landlord's lightning response

our plumbing problems came to a nasty poop-soup head today, so i was forced to call the landlord, fearing the need for a professional plumber.

he finally arrived -- after more than an hour & 1/2. checked it out. went & got a bigger plunger. came back in & asked why the hallway stinks. i said, "we just got back in town yesterday, but i'd put it on those guys (across the hall)." he knocked on the door & asked napoleon dynamite, who said he hadn't noticed the stench. comes back in & says, "nobody knows nothing, right?" while rolling his eyes, but smiling. plunged the toilet twice. cleared it out. said to throw out the plungers we have, call him if we need him again & to have fun peeing. apologized for the muddy footprints in poo-water on the floor. giddy the whole time.

i mopped the floor & cleaned the walls for the umpteenth time today, though i still wouldn't wanna eat off either surface. now i'm finally gonna eat lunch.

unbelievable.

7 comments:

cherie said...

Gross.

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Dude- finally!

So does this mean if I had ventured to give it just one more flush, I would have had a catastrophe on my hands?!

PS Remember what I told you earlier...

PPS I hate those next door a-holes!

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Hey, one more thing- why did he recommend you throwing out the plungers you have? Does a plunger go bad and lose its ability to plunge? Can it no longer (pun intended) perform its duty?

fifi said...

You could have -- on your feet, more like it. It got so bad yesterday. I literally plunged for about an hour & 1/2 myself before calling him.

I can't remember what you told me earlier. I claim brain fart.

I hate them too & I'm looking for anything to get them kicked out. Those little fuckers think they live in a goddamn dorm.

He said the 2 plungers we have couldn't do the job. Of course, I'm thinking, "Man, I shoudn't have to buy a professional strength plunger. The plumbing should work!"

*Bitch Cakes* said...

I just reminded you not to flush anything other than toilet paper. Seriously. Even if it says it's flushable, that stuff gets caught and causes huge problems.

fifi said...

Oh yeah -- lady products, etc. From now on, no paper products except for t.p. & scrubbing bubbles scrubbies -- 'cause there's no way in hell those moist nasty things are going in the trash.

HollyMay said...

you mean we're not supposed to flush tampons? what am I supposed to do with it then? seriously. you know what, i don't want to know. forget it.