Tuesday, April 17, 2007

bizarre observations of tv-land

Last night, I caught enough of Deal or No Deal to notice the thing that stands out to me even in their commercials. It's glaring, actually, and I can't be the only one who notices. It's not just the models who are all dressed alike. All the DoND zombies are similarly tailored. The "I'm proud to be an American" uniform for female contestants seems to be black pants & an ill-fitting brightly-hued sweater. Tasteful, yet whitebread, plus it's Lee Greenwood-approved. The male contestants all sport khakis or black pants with the kind of pastel oxford shirt that says, "I'm not gay, I'm from Kansas & I don't know any better."

What do you think? Are there just racks & racks of sad, boring clothes in their green rooms, or do you think those poor saps actually come dressed identically?

Talk to me, Goose.

2 comments:

CC said...

I think thats the "dressed-up but not too dressed-up" uniform for the American masses. So, yes, they probably do come dressed identically.

cherie said...

Sorry honey, I don't watch prime time game shows. I've only seen Deal or No Deal once without sound--didn't get it. I've finally given in to watching American Idol. I give myself 12 lashings a day as a form of self punishment.